Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A LITTLE MORE RED AND WHITE


You just thought you had enough of the red and white, well here is a little more for you...I found these pictures in my computer and was going to do a post and I think the time just got away from me...you know how that is when there are too many things on your plate...



This tablescape is from last year that just never got it's place in the sun...so unfair


These dishes are from TJ Max, so bright and swirlie, they are my daughter Michelles favorite...


Love the little white floating candle bird centerpiece..I think I will use it for Valentines Day with some pink floating hearts and some pink dishes.....wow I have just inspired myself...

The napkin rings are from Pier 1 and the flatware is a wonderful find from the GW and is silverplated, I love it with the monogram of a B....not that my initial is a B...but monogramed silver is always so wonderful...


This will give you a better look at the pretty flatware, love the thickness of the knife handle..the dessert glasses are the perfect shape for a little fruit compote or a little sherbet....I am getting hungry now...


I think this could even be good for Valentines day with the red and white, just remove the centerpiece greenery...oh well we will see what comes to mine when it is time...


Thank you for stopping by and spending time around the house...please leave a comment as I read them all and love to know what you are thinking...If you are not already a follower you can click the follow me button on the sidebar...Phyllis     My friend mary just started her very first blog and her first posting...stop by and give some encouragement I know she would enjoy that...she has dogs, and roses and a beautiful yard, she can be found at mydogsmygardenandmary thank you so much, she would love some wonderful visitors like you and maybe you would like to follow....have fun......................I am attaching to Susan@betweennapsontheporch.netbetweennapsontheporch.net

23 comments:

  1. Hi Phyllis,

    Long time no see u. Such nice dishes you have! Beautiful tablescape too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis, what a pretty table! It is so wintry, yet, transitions very well for Valentine's Day. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi darling, I scooted right over and said a big hello to Mary. I'm looking forward to getting to know her. I'm so glad you stopped by to say hello. Your table is absolutely wonderful, makes me want to put together a table for Valentines, that means a "bit"of shopping for some fun decor. lol
    I'll go back through and see what I did to add things to the top,I know it wasn't too difficult or I couldn't have done it. lol. Happy Happy New Year darling. hugs ~lynne ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your red is just lovely. It makes me think of romance and Valentine's Day. Beautiful!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phy - love those dishes! You know how I LOVE LOVE LOVE red. Great table you always do such great blogs my dear friend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous table. I do love red! Your details make it all so beautiful. Always a pleasure to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you got to share this even if late - of course, no t'scape pics should just be left on the computer - we need to see them! I LOVE that centerpiece with the "bird bath" turned floating candle display - so PRETTY and different! The wreath around it is gorgeous! Yes, with the read and white, this could definitely be tweaked to work for V's day - even just adding some hearts into the gorgeous greenery could change it completely! Thanks for sharing!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the red and white...good thing you saved these! This would be perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those red and white plates are beautiful, no wonder they are your daughter's favorite. Beautiful centerpiece!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your version of the same family of dishes. I saw only two plates like this at the SF TJXX. The ones I bought have sort of an offset design on one side. However, I love the way you put it all together. I was on vacation, so I didn't have access to some of the things I might use with them next time. I think they would make a great Valentine's table don't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you they would be so sweet for that sweet day...

      Delete
  11. Phyliss, very pretty. I always enjoy your tablescapes.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you found the photos. This is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Phyllis! There you are! I have missed you so much! This is a gorgeous table and I'm so glad you've brought it out of hiding. The dishes are just darling and I think I have a little bird dish similar to yours and keep it outside. I believe it needs a bath so it can come inside.
    Happy New Year, sweet friend.
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love red and I saw those dishes last year and had a hard time not buying them! Love your centerpiece and I definitely think it would be great for Valentines Day! Love the monogrammed silverware too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Phyllis, I looked at your table last night and was so sleepy I didn't leave a comment so I am back to look again. I love these dishes and I agree with Ellen from Scribbler, great Valentine table! I also love the l flatware, especially the knives. I love a substantial feel to a knife and spent months going around lifting up knives until I picked my new flatware. Beautiful. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO pretty! That centerpiece would be perfect for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad you stopped by Phyllis! Your home is beautiful. Newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with Michelle. These dishes are wonderful! I must stop by Pier One to see if they happen to have more of those versatile napkin rings. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely tablescape! Red is such a happy china/tableware color. I too love monogramed anything...and it doesnt even have to be my monogram either :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty. Bright and full of cheer. I can so see it for Valentine's day too.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I truly appreciate what you have to say and always read every one.