Wednesday, January 27, 2010

THE CATS MEOW








This post is for all of you out there who love animals, dogs, cats, birds, but especially cats, because these dishes are so perfect to be paired with the cat picture. Everyone comments on that picture and Tina my cat thinks it is her...As most of you know when my mom passed away a few years ago she left her cat Tina, since everyone in our family were dog people, as were we, we had two sheltie dogs, it was a dilemma. I went ahead and took Tina home and after a month or so she had the run of the house...









Of course you can use the smaller plates for salad or bread plates. I usually don't spread all the dishes out this way, it always kind of looks like they are for sale, you know how the antique stores lay every single piece of the china out on the table. This time I just wanted you to see the dinner plates, they are so cute...The dishes are from TJ Maxx and were on sale 2.00 each, what a deal...









Cupcakes for everyone, isn't she soooo cute....... Just a tiny touch of pale pink on kitties ears and on the top of the cupcakes.,,,,








The dessert dishes are depression glass and were purchased at Quartsite in Arizona a few years ago when we had a place at the Colorado River. We would drive there on Sundays about 10 miles from our river house and find wonderful treasures... They have the largest swapmeet in the world, people come from all over the world for 2 months out of the year, it is wild... The small juice glasses are depression glass as well and were my moms.....







Such sweet little juice glasses.....













These pictures were all taken in the daytime and I am going to attempt to do an evening shoot again, you know how I feel about it when it looks like you didn't pay the electric bill....











I have many many white napkins and decided to put a cats paw picture on four of them, to go with my cat table....downloaded on internet cats paws and copied a picture...drew it in pencil on each napkin and colored it in with laundry marker (black) they will wash up nicely....I even like the way the marker bled a little so it looks like cat fur, lol... I sure wish I had one of those sewing machines that you just touch the computer button and you can have those beautiful initial napkins, I'm dreamin.....









I loved the idea of cat paws walking on the tablecloth, so I cut out the shape from felt and laid them on the cloth, the felt is sticky back felt from Michaels and is very inexpensive. When you are finished, just peel it off.... I do think this would be a great idea for many creative fun little projects for your white tablecloths that won't damage them and can just be peeled off.....hummm I will be thinkin about that.,,,











No I haven't lit the candles yet, soon....














Hey, not to bad, I didn't turn the lights too dark. The candles add a nice little glow....








Tina is gonna love this, don't you think???? I love those cat paws on the tablecloth....












The napkin rings are Lennox and were purchased a couple of years ago.....















I think I will hold Tina up to the table to see it because as you all know she is a very well behaved cat, and she would never get on any tables...don't ask me why, maybe because she was raised with well mannered sheltie dogs and she behaves more like a dog....









I had fun doing this tablescape and (isn't that what it's all about) If you are an animal lover, a plate lover, or even a fun crafter, I am sure you will feel at home for this little luncheon....hope you enjoyed all the pictures as much as I enjoyed creating them.....








Thanks for stopping by and spending some time AROUND THE HOUSE, please leave a comment and let me know what you think....I read them all and love hearing from you...Thanks susan from @between naps on the porch for hosting Tablescape Thursday.....Phyllis

52 comments:

  1. Phyllis, this is the CUTEST table, ever! I LOVE it all...the depression glass is so pretty and the flowers you chose just match so well.
    Love your dishes and the paw prints are too precious.
    love it all...
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis~~~

    You did a wonderful job!! The dishes are precious. I love the depression glass too (one of my favorites). I love how you used the laundry marker on the napkins and the felt on the tablecloth. Details like these really make for a fun tablescape. Wonderful!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute... so happy ... so purrrrfect!
    I think you did a fabulous job combining colors. The soft pink ~ black & white ... just lovely.
    The dishes are adorable~
    Happy tablescaping!
    ~Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cats so this is just the cats meow! Love the dishes but love even more your special touches. Cute Cute Cute. Paw prints on the napkins and across the tablecloth is just too fun.
    The pink depression glass is soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phyllis....Cats AND plates AND pink depression glass!...three of my favorite things!!! I lOVE it! And I love the way you put the footprints across the tablecloth...so clever! I do love the picture, too. Miss Tina is a lucky kitty to have you to love her. Happy week!...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Phyllis, girl you out did yourself on this table...Love the cat paws and the china and I'm so glad TINA approved of it...love the depression glass...Just darling my friend...Hope your having a great week in your part of ca. girl...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, your tablescae is VERY cute, Phyllis!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cute table! Looks just precious! Great table.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phyllis, you outdid yourself. This is as cute as can be! Love the cat paw print on the napkins. We did something similar for our antique club luncheon when we set a variety of different tables. This is just CUTE as can be!

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is the cats meow~ coming from a house of plenty, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just the cutest thing ever!!! Love the kitty plates. And the pale peachy-pink depression glass that matches the kitties ears is so delicate and pretty! So pretty and fun all at the same time! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I REALLY LOVED THIS....FIRST OF ALL, YOU WERE VERY CREATIVE HERE WITH THE PAW PRINTS AND ALL AND IT'S JUST DARLING! I LOVE THE PEACHY COLOR WITH THE BLACK AND WHITE TOO...JUST ALL OF IT VERY CUTE! COME SAY HI :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is............ADORABLE!!!!!!!!
    Love it!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  14. What can I add that everyone hasn't already mentioned?! This is just about as cute as it can be...you most certainly have a gift for tablescaping! Loved every single thing about it.

    >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a whimsical tablescape. I wonder what you could serve, "Creamed Tuna on Toast", in honor of cats. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute dishes, Phyllis! I love how you added the paw print to napkins and on the table cloth! Your evening shots came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Phyllis, I am a self proclaimed dog lover and not so fond of cats as I am incredibly allergic to them....but this table is adorable...LOVE the paw prints, the dishes are fabulous and ever so cute...I would love to eat at this table :)
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute table setting! And I see your depression glass mixed in. Your little fruit bowls remind me of mine. Thanks for your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable! And I love the depression glass too.I'm still working on a table for my girls with the Spode Woodland American Horses, but just haven't gotten it right yet. They would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very, very cute! And what a great idea using the sticky felt to make paw prints on the tablecloth!
    I love the dishes paired with the pink Depression glass....I think I spied a pink Depression glass cake stand in the back!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the setting and of course I love cats. I found some fun mugs similar to those, but with french words on them. They had some small dishes that matched, but no dinnerware, would have been a fun set.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, these dishes are so cute, so fun! I love the table...and with a cat in the house, they are perfect!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh that is an adorable table setting, great job!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just too cute! I love the dishes and I love that the cats are mischievous in their little expressions. I have really got to get over to TJ Maxx and see what is new.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  25. This table is wonderful and the paw prints are too cute for words!! My daughter(4)was sitting with me and she only wanted to see Tina!! She wants me to do a kitty table now;-)

    I'm a follower now and I look forward to seeing all the great things you and Tina will be up to!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  26. Phyllis, I love your kitty table...adorable! I just ♥♥♥ those dishes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your TT is too cute for words....I am an animal lover!!! We have a kitty that reminds me of Tina...his name is Oreo. He will be celebrating his 13th b-day this spring. You were so creative with the napkins and paw prints. Love the dishes!!! Gotta have a set for myself since I have a kitty like the one on the plates.

    Blessings~
    Tonya

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute and clever table! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. How cute and clever! Such a fun retreat....thanks so much for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What cute dishes! And I LOVE the cat tracks on the table and napkins. Clever!

    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is really cute! I haven't seen plates like those before!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for your visit to my blog. I must say these plates are, well, just puuuuurfect. I do love the depression glass and it goes so well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  33. First of all ~~ I am SO happy you stopped by my blog and left a message so I could find you and this darling, darling tablescape! Oh my goodness, I am the biggest cat lover of all times. How did I not ever find these dishes at my TJM?? I adore how you pulled together the little bit of pink in the kitty ears with the pink in the flowers and your mother's depression glass. HOW creative to put paws on the napkins and to make the felt ones for the table. This couldn't be nicer or more fun. Thank you for taking time to pull this together to show us and give us ideas. Wherever did you find that darling picture with "Tina's" head peeking up? oh cute!!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  34. My dearest friend, you never disappoint me - I LOVE your table scape with TINA my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That is a darling tablescape! I am jealous of the pink depression glass!
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am continually amazed by the talent displayed on Tablescape Thursday....this is definitley "the cat's meow".
    Wish my TJMax would have had these dishes...so, so cute and you did a fabulous job, really fun.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cute dishes. They are the cat's meow!
    Welcome to my following...hope you always enjoy your visits whenever you come.
    Friday Evening Blessings ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are the cat's meow :-) Very whimisical and elegant at the same time. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Phyllis, I totally HEART this table! And Max did, too. I held his furry little self up to the computer and he totally loved it...purred up a storm! :-) The paw prints on the napkins and table are genius! I love the whimsy of this darling tablescape! I, too, dream of having an embrodiery machine...they are soooo expensive...aren't they. Wouldn't it be fun to monogram everything that wasn't standing still? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi my dear friend, this is just the cutest most whimsical table ever. I saw these dishes a while back and slapped my hands and say NO as loudly to myself as I could.. it would certainly be fun to have just an embrodiery machine.. I have a machine that has that option, just haven't taken the time to work with it. That's on the list of things to do...lol Hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is so cute and I am not really into cats! Love the paw print idea...so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  42. You have doe the best job of getting the most out of the cat theme. Your table is so darn cute. Your napkins and the paw prints on the table are just too clever. Love the dishes and your depression glass is so pretty in the candlelight.
    When is this SWAP and how far do you think it is from Laughlin? We go there a couple times a year for a golf tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh how cute! This is all darling and quite charming. As a pet lover - you've honored that wonderful relationship with our furbabies well.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Some themes are always the impressive one, like this theme we are seeing here. When I was looking at the post it really made me so much impressive with the theme and the contents it was having.
    RV Roof Repair

    ReplyDelete
  45. As a cat rescuer/lover I have to tell you this table scape is the very best I've ever seen. Love, love, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    ReplyDelete
  47. So so cute table ! I'm a big cat's collector ! Hundred and hundred pieces in my collection ! Now I try to cluttered but it's so so hard ! I only keep very old one from XIX and the beginning of XX century. and moreover I'm also a cat painter!
    xoxo (of course I'm following you)
    xox from PARIS
    jOÊLLE

    ReplyDelete
  48. Phyllis I love your blog and am trying to find this cat pattern of dishes.I have been searching for months trying to find it especially on the internet can you please tell me the name of this work or what it is called. this is the best tablescape I have ever seen and I love your cat mouser.I have seen one or two pieces at craft shows but never the whole set even if I can find just a service for two would be great. thank you so much. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  49. sorry forgot to leave my email address it is siameseguru@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I truly appreciate what you have to say and always read every one.