Wednesday, May 26, 2010

MEMORIAL DAY 2010






Wow, doesn't this just make you want to ride your bike down the street and wait for the parade to begin.....







You can hear the kids in the background and the smell of the wonderful BBQ, just the hum in the neighborhood, let me get a coke before I slam that screen door just one more time.....







This is a lot of excitement for Tina, however she does like the flag waving outside, she has been studying it all day.... She is very patriotic.....







The place setting is quite an assortment of bargains and already hads......wooden chargers (love them) 1.00 each at GW....The cute little bucket name places, are Target, 1.00 each and were a recent purchase...The wonderful red white and blue bowls are TJ Maxx......








Mr. S. says he likes the way the spoons are displayed like they are saluting, you gotta love that......I love this wonderful flatware, it is from Marshals and is a great quality 18/10. I think it would also look great on a western BBQ.....








The great napkins are pottery barn on sale 2 years ago.......I was so excited to find them (don't you love the way I look at shopping as finding things, like a scavenger hunt) I wonder, do you do that? After shopping saying things like "I didn't find anything"








The cute little red bike (haven't a clue where I bought it) I have had for years and usually sits in the window seat of the spare room, was your bike like this one? .....Mine was exactly like this one...I won it at a city jamboree and hundreds of people were in the stands at the school, I will never forget them calling out my number....I was so excited I hardly noticed at the time it was a boys bike, well that fact hit me when we got it home...I remember my parents saying "oh it's ok, don't worry we'll get that fixed" they never did, but some how it became cool for the girls to have boys bikes, (who knew)







The water goblets are a recent purchase .99 each, at GW....they are a great weighty glass with wonderful stems....If you look carefully Tina is having her nap on her window seat, notice I say her seat...





The silver sherbet cups were a great find at GW, they are Rogers silver plated (Paul Revere) very weighty and were 2.99 each.....of course they were totally black, wow a lot of silver polish later and you have beautiful silver dishes and Carpal Tunnel in your wrist...






AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL pitcher was just meant for this setting, from Ross many months ago, I was thinkin ahead.......how could you resist....












You can always tell when evening is approaching and the sun is setting because the water glasses are then filled....you all remember the wonderful water pitcher from GW for 3.99 it is behind the water glass....







Yep, there goes the sun.....







All the small flags are from Michaels......








The STAR candle holders were collected from everywhere. I love how they go with so many settings and are smooth and sparkly.....







The large glass candle holders are from Pottery Barn, purchased a few years ago, there are many sizes, you may remember me using them at Christmas time.....








AH the candle light is working out just fine, Tina is getting one last look in her quest to chase that sun down room to room....














Doesn't this just say it all...................








One last SALUTE to AMERICA, and hooray for the RED WHITE AND BLUE






I don't know about you, but I am exhausted, so I am putting up my patriotic feet for a good long rest.............Thank you all for stopping by for a visit, you know I love it when you hang AROUND THE HOUSE....I hope you had a fun time betand maybe got some inspiration for your Memorial Day Weekend....Thanks to my friend Susan @ between naps on the porch for hosting the Tablescape Thursday....Phyllis






b

52 comments:

  1. This is beyond wonderful! Love the bike, love the pitcher...the little buckets...I am telling you this is way cute!! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the best table! I love all the great details. The bucket name tags, flags, plates, silverware! Oh and that little red bicycle is amazing! Really fantastic table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I salute you girl for yet another GREAT table...BRAVO!! my Dear friend...everyone just keeps getting better and better...hey where's my copy of that book your going to write...Love this girl..again another work of table Art...Hope you have a GREAT Memorial day weekend my friend...keep those feet up and rest...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole presentation is just wonderful and the music playing while I write has my feet tapping. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Wow and another Wow! This turned out perfect! I love it all. Come by and link up to my centerpiece wednesday party..This is perfect for it. I love the bike!! That is so cool. I love the linens, the dishes and the silverware. Such a great job!! Yes take a rest...this takes lots of effort to put one of these tablescapes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Phyllis! You've done it again! Your patriotic table is glorious! I'm saluting and then I'm putting my hand over my tiny heart! Oh, I love that little bike and everything else is fabulous. I see how excited Miss Tina is! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT JOB, PHYLISS! All of it so pretty!
    Love your window seat. I don't blame your kitty for liking that spot. :)

    D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great patriotic tablescape. How did I miss those buckets at Target? Love the PB napkins. How lucky for you to have gotten them on sale.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great table! that little bike is adorable!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every single detail is just adorable. You thought of everything! I love how you pulled so many things together for one terrific table. Excellent job. Lori L

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv the great old USA! Also luv that awesome bike and those cute buckets!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely memorial day table setting! Perfect beginning to summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A perfectly set Memorial Day tablescape. I love it! I love the silver and how it reflects the other red,white and blue on the table. Oh how sweet Tina is for wanting the flags to wave :)

    Great job. I did a Memorial Day tablescape this week too. Great minds think a like.

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Picture after picture, it just got better and better! Love everything and how you explained your shopping finds, very amusing! That bike is such a great accessory to your table too!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much fun, everything looks great! I love the little buckets, too cute as name holders! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great "feat"! Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful table, Phyllis! I love all your pieces and I wish I could find simple water goblets at GW!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun table, music even better. I just scored star tumblers at Ross, clearance, 16 for $8.00!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a wonderful post! I love your talented presentations week after week. Everything is charming -- great GW treasures and love the flatware. I especially like how you've mixed elegant silver with casual pieces and it all works together beautifully. That little bike is the icing on the cake! I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful tablescape - just love it! The flatware looks nautical and I love, love, love it! Oh my Phyllis - you have outdone yourself again to put together a creative and beautiful table.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW!!! What a gorgeous table, you have outdone yourself. Love that bike.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE IT!

    especially the bowls! We have a tj maxx here in berlin germany-maybe one day they will have those bowls!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is terrifically All-American, and beautiful too. The bike reminds me of mine at 6 years old.

    Scribbler

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just THE BEST! Really has inspired me to get started in planning my tablescape for Monday's Barbeque. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your table is fabulous with that cute bicycle centerpiece. I ♥ everything about this patriotic table...great job putting it together, Phyllis.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is just incredible. Does make you wanna go to a parade, fly a flag and put your hand over your heart. I just adore the way the bowl and stars reflect in those gorgeous dessert bowls. Great job with the polish.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful, festive table! Of course, that bicycle caught my eye first -- what a great find! I love all the red, white, and blue elements you've put together so attractively! Enjoy your Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Phyllis,

    This has to be my favorite tablescape this week. Now, they were all wonderful, but for me, yours managed to capture the nostalgia of Memorial Days I remember when I was a child. (I had a boys' bike, because they were way cooler than girls' bike.) I love your patriotic socks, too.

    Have a wonderful Memorial Day!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just absolutely LOVE those PB napkins...and on SALE!!! Great find. The bike is adorable! Mine was green as a child. Also love the little buckets! The entire table is amazing....as always! You are so good!!! Have a GREAT weekend! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW, Phyllis...each photo just got better & better as I scrolled! I'll have to go back up & do it all over again, just to be able to take it all in.

    LOVE those striped bowls & your pitcher!! I sure hope you are going to participate in the Tablescaper's party showing where you store it all. Your collections are amazing!

    ♫ ♫ ♥ the music, too! ♫ ♫ I usually shut off people's players but I'm letting this one go for a long time. One of our favorites. We open all the windows & play it all night long while we watch the fireworks from the gazebo each year.

    This is just a totally FANTASTIC post, Honey!
    ~~clap-clap-clap~ I salute you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is really perfect. With all that is going on at my house, I'd almost forgotten the holiday. You reminded me in a way that made me smile...love the bike! You really put a lot of thought into this setting...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just want to stand up and salute you. This is such a fabulous tablescape. I love everything about it. I want that little red bike (and yes, I remember when we girls thought it was cool to have a boy's bike-what was up with that?) Those little bucket place cards are just about the cutest things ever! All of your patriotic dinnerware and accessories are perfect. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love your red white and blue table! The chargers were such a steal and all the patriotic details are so fun! I have to get busy setting my table. You set such a great Americana and patriotic table! The bicycle is just a great touch too!

    Have a blessed Memorial Day weekend!!

    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hip! Hip! Hooray! This tablescape is absolutely fabulous. Every detail is wonderful, and I am in love with the red bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  35. That's a really fun table. How could anyone fail to smile sitting there. I really, really like the flatware. Haven't seen anything like it in the UK. Thanks for a lot of fun pics. xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy Memorial Weekend my friend…Hugs and Smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  37. darling details, right down to the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I hope you don't mind if I copy some of your ideas for my own holiday table. I just LOVE, love, love your tablescape~

    I hope that you have an awesome Memorial Day weekend!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  39. Phyllis, what an incredible work of art. This belongs in a magazine... right down to including Tina.. Your eye for details is amazing... Makes me want the dish cupboard and put a tablescape together.... love, love, love the bike... just too cute for words.. I hope you and yours is having a terrific w/k... hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wonderful table! I love it---so festive, so patriotic and extremely cute as well!
    Some great finds on your table too; I love the stars and stripes bowls and the silver sherberts! The silverware is very unique; I could totally see that looking great with a Western/BBQ theme. I love the PB napkins too.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is a beautiful table! What creativity you have shown here. Love the precious red bicycle.

    Happy Memorial Day! ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Whay a wonderful table!I love your blog and I'm your follower from today.Bye from Italy,Anna

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is certainly the most festive and gorgeous Americana table I have seen in a long time! Love it.... The bike is a hoot, too. You've really shown so much creativity in setting everything up. I want that silverware!!
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love it! I reeeally want that silverware! I'm going out a hunting today :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. All I can say is...bring on the 4th of July. I am so inspired. Great post and what an outrageously beautiful table setting. Just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  46. That table set up is beautiful, elaborate and patriotic. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  47. The whole presentation is just wonderful and the music playing while I write has my feet tapping. Good job!
    PPC Advertising India

    ReplyDelete
  48. A totally great inspiration. Seeing your post made me feel alive and vibrant. Thanks
    Tampa Screen Enclosures

    ReplyDelete
  49. Really awesome inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I don't know how I missed this Phyllis! It is stunning! Those silver bowls came out great. And so many uses for them!
    I love the bike..The table is just darling!
    Sorry I am so late! In time for Flag day though!

    ReplyDelete
  51. oh my this is so wonderful! Would love that bike!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  52. I just found this post via Buckets of Ideas for the 4th of July. I love you decorations and I really want some of that flatware. Can you tell me the brand and pattern name? Your tablescape is just what I would like at my house. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment I truly appreciate what you have to say and always read every one.